Monday 30 April 2012

Struggling Artist to do list....

Visit a gallery....

Well it is pretty obvious I am never going to get anywhere unless I can get my artwork into a gallery somewhere. I decided that this meant I needed to scout out the competition.....being on the Isle of Wight this week for an extended stay meant my gallery of choice was the Quay Arts Centre in Newport. 

It is normally a pretty safe bet for some unusual and good items - probably around the level I am aiming at. Not this week though -

'Closed, new exhibition opening the 5th of May.'

So a semi warm latte later, two shopping bags full of new clothes and oh dear, what did I come out for? Good job. Not.

So anyway, I had some good fortune on the gallery front as Agora Galleries, New York (!) contacted me asking if I would like to employ their services to help me sell my work. WOW oh WOW! Gallery website looks real enough....I get a 70% cut of the sale of all work? Well that is not so bad, I have been offered worse.....services start at......I knew there was a catch....anyone got a spare 4000 dollars they can lend me? (Dammit).

No comments:

Post a Comment