Friday 28 December 2012

The Secret of Kells

So I hope everyone has had a good Christmas and is looking forward to 2013. That is assuming that a) you are not ten feet under water and b) you have not eaten so much that you can no longer move. I am worried I might have overdone the Christmas food as I had to buy a jumper 6 sizes larger than normal (I only over-ate for 2 days!) It is ok though, it was a sale item and a baggy fashion statement - at least that is what I am telling myself.........

What with the eating and the raining and the ho ho ho it is pretty obvious I haven't really done anything constructive in the last few days. I did get a new watch for my clock collection but that will get it's own individual post later, I think my family are fed up with me saying 'Have you seen my watch' (such an obsessive).

ANYWAY....this post is to promote a fabulous animated film I watched a couple of days ago. The story is a little bizarre but the animation is truly beautiful. It is about the Book of Kells (currently housed in Dublin, and yes, I have seen it in real life). The book is a marvel for it's time, full of colour, patterns and nature, as is the film, which might be why I like it. More importantly it has a cat in it called Panger Ban, now on my Christmas list for next year. If you are a fan of animated films you simply must check out The Secret of Kells.


No comments:

Post a Comment