Wednesday 9 January 2013

Come and see the (re)view

With the years end comes the year reviews, the 'how was this year in comparison to last year' - 2012 how did you do? And 2013 how are you looking so far?

This is probably the moment where someone needs to say Laura - it is the 9th of January - seriously, maybe you should at least give it a month, maybe even just two weeks before you start seeing how 2013 is going!? But I am impatient and I haven't really been checking my 'numbers' recently.

The problem is that a lot of the time you are updating, adding things, painting, trying to shout LOOK AT ME as loudly as possible, analysing, thinking.......... How many views did this get? How many likes did that get? How many posts were viewed on Monday? What comments did the photo get? What shall I paint next? The list goes on forever and each one is it's own little success or failure - sometimes it is difficult to see if things are going well or otherwise and it is always easier to focus on the niggles, the disappointments, the let downs than it is to see the success.

It is just as well most of the time I am happy to skip along in the fields singing (well, walk around them vacantly at least).

But maybe I am missing the bigger picture (and I am too sensitive) - my blog is getting about 4 times as many hits as it was in the beginning and my website is getting 5 times as many. The hits are starting to creep all around the world so I know it is not just my Mum (and Judas) so maybe I should put the boxing gloves down and stop beating myself up.

Either way I can't stop painting (or seemingly posting now!) and I won't. It's just sometimes, you get by with a little help from your friends (or fans, or Mum (and Dad)).

So thank you.  Yep you(!) who is reading this now...you have helped me skip through the fields a little bit longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment