Wednesday 27 February 2013

Battery Humans

It seems I have spent the last few days wasting my life trying to fix the world's slowest internet connection. It turns out it is most likely to be a physical problem with my landline, so they really are hours I will never get back. F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.N.G. Just as well I supplemented my growing desire to throw my computer out of the window with the odd walk by the river, yoga, some paint, zumba and a trip into London to visit the Tate Modern combined with a 'bracing' walk along the South Bank; Bracing in a way that involves your face becoming markedly smaller as most of it gets disintegrated by the bitterly cold wind. It was beautiful though, like a walk by the sea.

My favourite.

The Tate however, was not my favourite, I think I might have been spoiled by the Guggenheim in New York as well as MoMA and the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. I think I was greedy as everything felt like a bit of a half ditched attempt to explain the current gallery themes. I should have just skipped the general look around and just headed for the two current exhibitions 'Big Splash' and  a retrospective on Lichtenstein - they are both on my to-do list for the next couple of weeks. I am being slightly mean, there were some individually fantastic pieces - Meredith Frampton I wish I could paint like you! And some thought provoking items but I wanted more.

More, more more. Just some more paintings actually and not scribbles by Cy Twombly (no, he isn't one of the wombles), fair enough he is in fashion at the moment but did we really need 3 giant red swirly almost identical paintings, he has more varied work than that? I went in looking for inspiration, and I can appreciate most things but I left feeling slightly empty. Current 'modern art' is just too cynical for me at the moment, life is bad enough, can't someone say something CHEERFUL please!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment