Sunday 31 March 2013

Let there be LIGHT

Painting, I think I used to do that once? It has been three weeks since I managed to get the brushes out and I think I may yet have another week to get through before I can find a decent amount of time to churn out another work. I am slightly getting to the point where the words 'stuff it' will issue from my mouth and I may just stay up late to do something, anything, maybe just get some paint on my hands or my feet for old times sake. The first one back after a month out had better be worth the wait....

In the meantime to make up for my own lack of work I thought I might as well head into London, as a birthday treat, and look at the work of others in the form of the Light Show at the Hayward Gallery.

WOW! It was more than worth the effort; works to make you think, interact with, change your perception and alter the way you see things. That is all I ever want from an art show. Some inspiration, some intelligence and something you haven't seen or experienced before. It was definitely one of the best specific art displays I have seen for a while and fun for everyone; There were children there enjoying, learning and interacting, even my gallery buddy enjoyed it and she won't mind me saying she is not really an art fan (she loves my work though (or at least she better say she does)). So if you have the time, or find yourself wandering along the South Bank (or wondering for that matter) this is a must see. The show runs for another month and is frequently busy so make sure you book tickets if time is tight.

Remember to look out for:

Bill Culbert
Carlos Cruz-Diez
Anthony McCall






No comments:

Post a Comment