Tuesday 23 April 2013

27 Beth Orton's

I am going to have another irrelevant moment but I can't help it as me and the number 27 are partners in OCD. The number 27 is appearing all over my blog statistics today so I am going to pretend that it is portending to something good. If you can't believe in the randomness of your lucky number, what can you believe in?

I am also going to attempt to reduce the size of one of my to do lists by catching up with my blog posts. I so far have 16 outstanding ideas (or ideas outstanding) to write about so maybe if I can write one a day for a while it will help. The list was supposed to help me on the days when I had nothing to say not turn into a 5 mile long piece of paper, but I would always rather that than writers block.

So, as promised....Beth Orton.

I went to see Beth Orton at the Royal Festival Hall in London last week and she was fantastic, quite unimposing, quite funny and quite endearing. No other woman could get away with snorting on stage and passing it off as socially acceptable and receiving a sympathetic chortle from the crowd. If I did that........

It was good to be able to hear her singing live and hear the quality of all the instruments. Beth Orton has a beautiful voice - the songs had far more intonation, more tonal variation and more emotion. It isn't until you hear something live that you realise how pasteurised and diluted CD's are. That said the CD is good too, I even went on a backdated album shopping spree so no doubt I shall be painting to one of her albums soon.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment