Monday 16 September 2013

Hall-wa-hay

I don't know where today has gone, but it has gone somewhere very quickly!? I am sure this hasn't been helped by the fact I am a little under the weather and consequently suffered an afternoon of "what did I come in here to do?"

On the plus side this weekend saw me complete the first coat of paint on my hallway design. It needs at least one more coat and then some magic 'tidying up'. Some of the painted so-called straight lines are so wobbly you would think I had never held a paintbrush before or I couldn't stop compulsively shimmying with excitement at what I was doing. My only consolation is that all the lines are wobbly so at least I was consistent. I have a trick up my sleeve that should solve the problem....I hope.

Irritatingly it is completely impossible to take a photo of the overall effect I have created, or at least to take a photo that even vaguely does the design justice. These 'tasters' are the best I can do, and to say my first friend came round to view the design today and the response was a resounding "wow".

Nuff said.


2 comments:

  1. Are those very high ceilings Miss H or are you vertically challenged? :D Looks very colourful and quite unique, I'll have to start calling you Miss Warhol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just so excited to have finished the first coat of paint that I had to lie down and I thought I may as well take some photos whilst I was down there :-P

      Miss Warhol? Well that means my social life just got better ;-)

      Delete