Thursday 22 May 2014

Dropbox

I decided to upload all my artwork files onto my Dropbox account today. This was mostly to act as a back up in case anything happened to my computer or my external hard drive, but it is also quite handy to be able to access my high resolution files remotely. I realised that uploading everything in one go may not have been the most sensible idea I have ever had. It has been going for over an hour so far and is still on the 'b' letter files. Oh well, apparently it will be finished in 12 hours. Ouch. Just as well my internet limit is free after midnight. I think I'll just leave my computer to file everything away overnight and fingers crossed it will be finished by the time I need to get up and start working.

I am feeling slightly relieved this evening as my intense period of 'real' working seems to be coming to a close. It has been nice to earn a decent amount of money for a change but I desperately need some time to paint and feel more like me again. I have been doing a bit of sorting and catching up with some art bits and pieces already as I am working from home tomorrow so my time is a bit less pressurised. I feel instantly better. The frustration at having to put art on hold has really been getting to me, making me fed up, tired and slightly demoralised. It looks like I may have made a rod for my own back. I am happiest painting, blogging, website updating and working on my 'art career' but this only pays the bills for a few months of the year. It looks like I may have to cope with being a pauper again for a while, but at least I will be a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment