Sunday 1 June 2014

Lon-Done

I am having a proper weekend this weekend for the first time in ages. I took yesterday off to go to London and generally catch up on a selection of 'normal' things. This meant walking around Hyde Park in the sun and having an ice cream, having a jug of Gin and Rhubarb Cooler on the balcony of the Royal Festival Hall, having a late pub lunch and going to the cinema. Checking my emails on the train home I discovered that earlier in the day I had been paid by one of my online galleries, I had sold my first acrylic print to someone in Florida and I had won a mini photography competition. Now that is the way to have a relaxing day in style.

Rinse and repeat.

It is so nice to feel a bit more like a human again! Also, speaking of London, I watched an unusual documentary style film about the wonderful capital the other day called 'London - The Modern Babylon' It was fascinating to learn a bit more about the capitals history, influences, mob culture, immigration patterns and inhabitants. The film was illustrated throughout with excerpts from modern day London, historic London, comedy films, documentary films, art films, historic archives, personal stories from current occupants, basically you name it, it had it. If you are interested in how a city develops, or in the city of London this is an absolute must see. Don't do what I did though and watch it when you are over tired and overloaded. The sensory overload of images made me have rather an unusual selection of nightmares....



No comments:

Post a Comment