Saturday 2 August 2014

Hadlow Tower

I am finding these painting 'birth certificates' difficult to get used to. I am trying to make them all follow a standard but as I have only written two I a) don't know whether it will alter and b) haven't written enough to remember what the template is.

I need a secretary.



The Reason (or the starting point)

Breakfast - possibly a bacon and cheese muffin, possibly sausage, beans and hash browns, I forget.

The Setting

Sat on one of my painted chairs, magazine open on the table, reading a random article whilst I eat and then turning the page over to see the newly renovated Hadlow Tower...

The Inspiration

Hadlow Tower - a shape right up my street, the detailed decorations, the fact it belongs to the English Heritage, the English Heritage logo, the buildings combination of plain and intricate detail, the simplicity of the English countryside, because I have a canvas the perfect size, and a space on my wall....

Although the building has areas of intricacy it is relatively simple - I wanted the painting to reflect this by being a simple concept with areas of detail - hence the swirls, lines. I also quite fancied sticking the English heritage logo in there somewhere as I quite enjoy the symbolism of ownership, place, identity. (I quite often have flags in the background of some of my building paintings).

That is pretty much it, and hey presto!  


No comments:

Post a Comment