Friday 10 October 2014

Chambord Fog

The problem with starting something new is that it is fun for about ten minutes and then you are stuck with it. I feel a bit like this in regards to my painting 'Birth Certificates.' I think they are a good idea in principle - an interesting record, and a good way for me to evaluate what I have done but that doesn't mean I always want to do them. It is just another thing that gets added to the list of things to do once a painting is finished. It is sometimes bad enough having to photograph it, whatsapp it to my first preview friends (email it to my Mum) straighten it in Photoshop, save numerous sizes and versions, add it to the various sites I belong to, update my website, find somewhere for it to live in my flat, write a Birth Certificate.

Argh.

It is sometimes enough to put me off painting. (Well, it isn't, but it could be). Anyway, after all this moaning it seems likely that I probably need to write a story about a newborn baby painting (that is actually quite large and not a baby):

Chambord Fog "30 x 24" Acrylic on a box canvas
The Reason

I actually have no idea. Just because it looks like a me thing to paint.

The Setting

Internet trawling unfortunately as I haven't been there before, and a nagging obsession with fog floating around in the back of my mind.

The Inspiration

Chambord, the fog of alcohol, the colour of the liqueur, fog in general, mists, ambiguity, the reflection of the lake, winter, the fact I keep painting castles, the size of canvas.

That will do won't it? I would like to keep this one hazy, like the effects of an alcoholic beverage - a shot or two of Chambord and the mists rolling in off an icy river.

No comments:

Post a Comment