Monday 22 December 2014

Castel del Monte

This last week of hectic-ness has seen me paint my supposed last painting of 2014, I say supposed because it would never surprise me if I managed to squeeze out another one somehow. At the moment I can't really see it, but in the spirit of never saying never.....(I am saying supposed)

The last painting of the year will be the painting that I should have painted when I painted the Castillo Belmonte after a hearing problem/memory lapse. So here it is - the Castel del Monte...


Castel del Monte 20" x 16" Acrylic on Canvas

The Reason

Because someone asked me to.

The Setting

A conversation in a Japanese restaurant in Laguna Beach, California. Some Sake. A 'Have you seen this castle? I think you should paint it' Ok. Why not!

The Inspiration

Does inspiration count when in comes in the form of insider knowledge? I always like it when someone suggests something for me to paint with no commission pressure. I can check out the subject, see if it works for me and then paint it at my leisure. I like having a few things lined up so when I am in the mood to paint, but don't know what to do I can look at my 'list' of suggested subjects and go from there!

Inspiration on tap...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment