Sunday 5 July 2015

A Levels

I am currently waiting for a background on a new painting to dry so I can attempt to put on the next layer and rectify a few mistakes I have already made. It is never good when your first few brush strokes come out incorrectly, but then that is what paint is all about, and nothing is really ever wrong.

Whilst I was waiting I thought I would multi task and write a blog post or two, especially as I missed writing one on Thursday and Friday. After mistakenly looking at my blog 'to-do' list I now have no idea what to start with. Generic post or Birth Certificate? I need to write lots of both.

Now, after procrastinating on the internet, my painting is dry and I have no idea what I have been talking about. Damn you internet *shakes fist.*

Let's just go with generic.

I remember one of my 'fans' joking that she could imagine my work being taught at school, I appreciated the sentiment but thought it was pretty unlikely. I am a step closer now(ish) as in February (yes, I know, out of date news!!!) one of my paintings got published in an A Level Textbook. Admittedly that Textbook is an English Literature and Language book rather than an art one but still, it is a start.


I also enjoyed my first print being bought and sent to Australia last week. The link is tenuous, but the print they bought was a drawing I did for my A level portfolio when I was about 17 or 18. It may have taken over ten years, but I greatly enjoy the eventual remuneration for a drawing I did for a piece of paper with an A on it and a little bit love.


No comments:

Post a Comment