Sunday 6 September 2015

Bodiam

Bodiam....  



I greatly enjoy this painting, and seemingly so does everyone else. I painted it after a trip down to East Sussex to visit the Castle one empty weekend. It is a pretty spectacular Castle and one to set the imagine running. I am pretty sure Robin Hood could have rescued Maid Marion from one of the towers. The painting above is a pretty good representation of how the place felt to me. Bold, strong, iconic, romantic, a beacon in history, a 'does what it says on the tin' moated castle. (Whether it did in fact do what a castle does is another matter, the jury is out on whether it was built for defence or for show).

The painting has already had acclaim. It was acknowledged by some of the workers from the National Trust who run the castle (although unfortunately nothing came of it) and it was awarded a Daily Deviation on Deviant Art, which is my second, unexpected piece of recognition from the US site. It still surprises me that i have this painting on the wall and it hasn't sold. I thought this one might be a hot cake but as yet has proved not be so. So if you like it, get a move on as I am sure it won't be for sale for much longer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment