Wednesday 2 September 2015

Indian Summer

Well, my blog stats have just vastly improved for August after I received 200 hits yesterday. I don't know either but every little (or large) helps.

I am having slight issues settling at the moment, so, as I have a ridiculous amount of 'Birth Certificates' outstanding I may as well sit here for a while and schedule some in. I am so used to being rushed off my feet that when I have nothing to do I am a bit like a lost sheep.

Baaaaa

Hmm, I might have actually left these for long enough that I can't remember why I did them..... awkward! Anyway.... Indian Summer:


I have decided I don't want to write these under the headings - 'The Reason' 'The Setting' 'The Inspiration' any more as they are basically tantamount to the same thing. So I shall just write whatever comes to mind in whatever order seems fit. Having said that, I really don't know where this came from. I think it was a combination of wanting to do something bright and colourful, with a sun, slightly more detailed and neater than my previous painting and a little different. I periodically get fed up of painting in the same 'style' so I needed a break and to do something similar but with a twist. Quite often when this happens I rely on what I have painted recently - colours, shapes, patterns and amalgamate them all together to be something different. I guess, in that respect, Indian Summer is a bit like a synopsis of the last 10 or 20 paintings. We all need a break from what we know occasionally.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment