Monday 9 May 2016

My Young Years

I can't believe my last post was on the 17th of April. That means I haven't painted for 3 weeks!! Strangely the last session must have been a good one as I haven't had the same frustrations that I normally have when I haven't painted for a while.

It helps that in the meantime I have taken some photos, so that must have partially exercised the art bit of my brain. I also haven't been on an art page for a while as too many other things have been getting in the way. I was meant to have an art bank holiday weekend, but spring took over and I decided to spread 24 hours worth of cleaning over the weekend instead. 2 bin bags, 2 charity shop bags and 3 trips to the recycling bin. and a bag dumped in the garage after and I do feel super organised, sorted, clean and tidy so it was worth the lack of art, especially at there is another bank holiday at the other end of the month.

Today has been partly productive though, I have renewed a website subscription, thought about how to layout a new website, paid to be a featured artist for 4 weeks on Artgallery to see if it makes a difference to my sales, and finally put my last 3 new paintings online for sale. And, AND written a blog post!!!!!!

I only have two days of work booked for the coming week, this very rarely stays this way but who knows, maybe I will get some art time this week. I have booked Tuesday evening in regardless for a new painting, so that should be fun.

Sometimes though, it really does feel as though I am wasting my young years!

No comments:

Post a Comment