Sunday 9 October 2016

Bath

So my purchasing of blank canvasses backfired slightly as I actually still had 2 canvasses left of the size I thought I had run out of and, as I found out when I went to paint on Saturday, have in fact totally run out of square ones. Sometimes I really regret that offer to buy 18 canvasses at a super discount rate that has resulted in my hoarding cupboard. It's no use, I am going to have to throw my bed out of the window and start filling that room. Priorities and all that!

That said, I am going to have to order some square ones, right, now.

*opens new internet window*

Ahem.

Anyway I was really blogging to share with you my latest painting, as, as promised on Thursday, I did find time this weekend to paint a newbie.

I have been meaning to have a go at painting the City of Bath for ages, and for some reason yesterday, was in the right mood to do so. Well, the right mood at the beginning, with each painting stroke I seemed to grow an extra piece of headache, until at the end, through gritted teeth and slitted eyes I just about managed to draw out the last few lines, throw my paint pack in the cupboard and run to bed before I was ill. Don't ever tell me I don't suffer for my art!! This does leave me slightly unable to judge this painting, as the process of doing it was not very satisfying. I'll let you decide whether it does the beautiful city of Bath justice or not.


 
At least looking at it today, doesn't give me a headache.....


No comments:

Post a Comment