Tuesday 11 October 2016

Roll with it.

I  have had an unexpected day off today which means a lie in, a big fat juicy bacon sandwich for breakfast and a walk in the sunshine. I have now been mostly procrastinating. I was going to work on my website which would be good to do so I can complete it, I have however mistakenly realised I could paint instead, so guess which option is happening?

I don't even need to clarify do I!?!

I have also made some exciting art purchases but more about that in my next post as I need to talk about a film I watched as well.

In the meantime, procrastinating led me to look back at some of my previous Facebook posts. I have seemingly come a long way, and achieved a lot of things, and made a lot of paintings! 182 of them in fact! WHAT!?! I only have 34 currently up for sale, so where on earth are the other 148? It has made me realise I have been doing this for a long time - almost 5 years in fact, and I am actually impressed. I started out with a website and trying to sell things because I knew it would help me paint. If I was painting with a purpose, or an opportunity to give away/sell my paintings then it would mean I wasn't just filling my house up, or the garage, or the tip. I wasn't just being wasteful. It was never a question of being a viable idea, only a way to let me paint - letting me do, what needed to be done.

Now - I love my house. It is colourful, arty and full of paintings, and paint pots and brushes and canvasses and creativity. I love my job that I can make up as I go along, have unexpected days, no routine, brain space and freedom. It has taken a long time to get to this point; 6 years of being freelance, and some tough, tough years. Years of not knowing what I was doing, years of doubt, years of no money, years of endless work for little gain, of being bored with my own company, of being stressed. But do you know what? Today it was all worth it. Today I would do it all again, and more. I am sure there will be more tough trials to get through, but it is worth it for periods of time like this. Times when, for once, it seems like everything is going to plan, so for the moment, I am just going to enjoy myself and get the paints out.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment