Monday 28 January 2019

Central Hall

So the kitchen arriving has been more chaotic than I anticipated, mostly because my painting space is currently a mini kitchenette. On the plus side, the lack of food, cooking equipment and fridge has done wonders for my waistline, so I can legitimately, if somewhat cheekily, pretend one of my new years resolutions to shift a stubborn 7lbs is working. (Ask me if this is true after my third take away of the week later!)

But anyway, in anticipation of the chaos I did manage to squeeze out the second painting of the year which has now turned into the first sale.


This paintings subject was suggested to me before Christmas, by a lovely lady buying some cards for her daughter as a present. She simply enquired whether I had painted Central Hall in Westminster as it meant a lot to her for many different reasons. I had not, so whilst she purchased my other London themed cards, I googled the subject and saw that it was a building right up my street. (Not literally!) As with most things that catch my eye, they sit in my head, quietly demanding to be painted, so I knew I was not going to last long before I succumbed, and succumb I did!

I was worried about this one to start with as about 30 minutes in I lost impetus, which is unusual once I have got underway, but I persevered and ended up with something I am pretty pleased with; Even more so as it has chalked up my first sale of the year!

Seems like a good start!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment