Friday 15 March 2019

Brecon Beacons

So I didn't quite manage my Brecon post yesterday, but that is what I am here for now. I did mostly manage to prioritise my sorting out list, although art admin didn't seem to start until about 4pm. I put my new painting online, responded to some Deviant Art bits and pieces and this morning I have managed to put all my final cards together. The study seems a bit more organised now, and I have knocked 18 things off my to-do list.

High five please!

(And yes, we are ignoring the fact that there are still 46 things on it, and focusing on the fact that I should knock at least 2, if not 3 more things off by the end of today). I am sure having less than 50 things means something. At least I feel justified in being stressed when I had 64 things on it!

But anyway, a few weeks ago I had a brief inspiration collection session in the Brecon Beacons. This should be interesting as the three days and three walks we did were very different.

No. 1. Scenic, peaceful, gentle and sunny.















No 2. A bit cloudy and misty, mostly dry and beautifully rugged and isolated.






























No 3. Raining, and incredibly foggy/cloudy, and ridiculously windy, a bit of a steeper climb and well basically you could see no further than a metre or too ahead, except about twice when the sky parted.















So three very different walks, three very different weathers and three very different experiences. Each of them definitely got various bits of my art brain ticking, and my paint hand twitching, the second walk especially, and for once in my life, I lined up some specific shots with a view to painting them later. The first one has been created already and I will share that next!

I am already looking forward to painting picture number 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment