Wednesday 4 December 2019

Standard December

So, I have some time to post and nothing in my brain. Standard December. My calendar competition went off without a hitch and seemed to be well received so that was good! I have also donated a Limited Edition print for a charity auction up in Lincoln for the local hospital, so hopefully that will go without a hitch as well.

I can't remember if anything else has happened. I think it might be time to hibernate for the rest of the year. If anyone would like to buy me a book about curing burn out that would be greatly appreciated!

Ironically, I have managed to paint a few things recently so I can't be completely beyond it just yet. The first one I am going to share is a painting that is unintentionally in existence. It was meant to be a background for a painting of Lisbon, but once I had finished it I couldn't bring myself to paint Lisbon over the top of it. I couldn't in fact, bring myself to touch it at all so it stayed as it is.


There is something about this painting that is both interesting and soothing. I could look at it all day. I have no idea where it came from as it doesn't even match the background I was meant to be painting so I guess, for whatever reason, this one just needed to come out. I hope it calms your mind as much as it calms mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment