Thursday 26 March 2020

Lockdown

So I don't even know where to start with writing a blog post right now but I thought it would help purge a few things out of my system.

So I managed to complete my first painting of the year and the following two commissions, which were both due by last weekend, successfully. I will share posts about them later.

I also managed to successfully get the flu on the first day of March, which absolutely knocked me for 6, I am in fact still not totally over it which is starting to drive me crazy. It has also timed in with the end of the world as we know it, with the Covid-19 lockdown in the UK now in full swing. There is a chance my 'flu' may well have been the Coronavirus that is currently ravaging the world, I had all the symptoms, but I guess I will have a better idea of that when they bring out an immunity test.

It is literally crazy times at the moment. Needless to say all my architecture work is on hold and unlikely to resume anytime soon, so I was grateful to hear of the self employment package the government has put in place today. It will make a massive difference. I had intended to use this enforced break time wisely and catch up on my enormous art to do list and do some painting, but so far I am epically failing. I can't seem to persuade my mind to come back down to earth and focus, it is wandering, EVERYWHERE. I have prints I can make, I have a good stock of paint and canvasses, I need to make a mobile friendly version of my website somehow, and I want to put some prints up for sale on Etsy. So far though, I have been for a couple of solitary walks, spent a lot of time looking out of the window, and making cakes and cooking. I don't even particularly like cooking so don't ask me what is going on with that? Who knows, maybe in times of crisis I become a domestic goddess. Or a fat, cake filled person. One of those two things I am sure.

So anyway, brain, please come back and focus, I can't cope without you. Everyone else stay home, stay sensible, stay healthy, and be prepared for a glut of paintings from me. Hopefully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment