Tuesday 22 January 2013

Market Hike Hot Cakes

I said I had some exciting news and here it is - the last website of my 'experiment' yielded some results at the weekend as I randomly sold 2 paintings to 2 complete strangers! This is my first (and second) full sale to people I have no link to. I have sold paintings to people I don't know before but they have always been along the lines of a sister of a friend of a friend of a friend, so there has been a tenuous link. Not so this time. I really do think 2013 is going to be a good year. It also means my 3 experiment websites have all had positive results and generated a bit of cash.

Fine Art America - card sales
Premier Gallery - 3 competition wins
Art Gallery - 2 painting sales.

It looks like they were all worth doing in different ways and worth continuing. It also makes me feel a bit more like this might not all be a massive waste of time. Maybe one day I won't be a struggling artist with holes in my jeans, I can be one that just needs to sell a few paintings a year to survive (and go on holiday, at least twice).

I am also enjoying the fact that I now have a gold star against my name and I've been referred to as a 'trend'. Me? A trend? You must be joking.....



One of the paintings I sold, 'Chrysler Top' has been on my wall for its own protection since I painted it 18 months ago, it seems wrong but I do kind of miss it. Time to get the paintbox out and fill the space I think. Oh, and by the way, if you already own a painting by me, I think, after this weekend, that it has just gone up in value....


2 comments:

  1. You can never have too many paintings Laura! :) Get the paint box out ASAP! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just had an order in of 15 new canvasses, so there should be some more paintings on the way shortly! :-D x

      Delete