Tuesday 19 February 2013

The moral is...

Today is both exciting and distressing and I have a moral of the story to share. The moral is - when money is a bit tight but you have had a flush month, bought some new clothes to replace your Swiss cheese jeans, your holier than the Pope tops and stocked up slightly on Limited Edition prints do not then decide to get a budget together. Analysing last years accounts will make you not only a) incredulous at the amount you spent b) impressed that you actually survived the year at all c) wonder whether you thought money grew on trees and d) want to sell all of your stuff on eBay.

I might be exaggerating slightly but freelance and artistic versus 'just go and get a proper job' sometimes hurts. A lot.  But I am going to put my fluffy, everything is super beautiful and secure hat on and hope the year carries on as it is at the moment -  5 paintings sold already and a decent amount of freelance work in the bag.

I'll be fine.

Lets think about the two emails I had yesterday instead. One of them was a printing enquiry offering to do some discounted GiclĂ©e prints for me. I have been meaning to look into getting some of these done as they are the 'industry standard.' I don't really know what they are but I am going to order some test prints to see if they are an idea worth pursuing. The second email was from a start up community art gallery in Basingstoke town centre that would like me to 'jump on board.' They are keen to display my work as part of a gallery that will revolve around sales, art classes, school visits, and displays by amateurs, professionals and children alike. I like the sound of this but let's first see what 'jump on board' actually means. I hope they don't want any money!!!!



2 comments:

  1. It's gonna be a good year Miss H, I can feel it in my old bones..
    I used to buy jeans with holes in them, has the fashion changed again then? I must get out of this cave and see the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is going to be a good year! Normally I would have worn the jeans anyway, but a hole this big, just there....well that's just rude :-D

      Delete