Sunday 9 December 2012

A Fan-tastic Mr Fox

On Friday in the court case of painting versus website updates versus film -painting won and Swept was created. Yesterday, film won, as did a very tasty toffee crunch chocolate orange -actually that may have lost as it no longer exists. I am hoping today that website updates will triumph, as I really need to knuckle down and do them but it is Sunday and I can feel a painting bubbling in my shoulders..... The joy of something or other.

Anyway, the film of note was Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr Fox, partly for the animation and partly for the way Mr Anderson adapted the storyline. I love this film, but then I like Wes (we are on first name terms now), Life Aquatic is one of my top ten films and I am well aware it is not to everyone's taste having recommended it to 5 not overly enamoured people. For me, the mix of documentary, real life, imagination, and heartfelt deadpan emotions gets me every time. J'adore.

Fantastic Mr Fox is - a bizarre mix of animals, human lifestyles, children's story book, dead pan humour and beautifully animated. I want to be fantastic, but maybe not a fox. I wouldn't mind some chicken though.


No comments:

Post a Comment