Tuesday 19 March 2013

So Let Go

Normally I should have painted another picture by now. It has only been seven days since the last one but I hadn't realised how dependent I had become on regularly churning them out.

I am becoming more restless with every passing day.

It is just as well yoga saved me tonight and calmness is restored. It is strange to feel like I need to paint something when I have no inspiration. I have no idea bubbling away in the background just a nervous twitch to lay out a canvas and get the paint box out. Let's hope I never get to the point where I need paintings like I need my five-a-day or life may start to get complicated.

The next few days should be interesting, I have two days in which I might find an adequate window of opportunity in which to produce something, if I don't make those days, then I am not going to have another chance for at least a week if not more. That may hurt a little unless everything really does get easier with time....





2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's best to have a break.. I tend to go with the flow of things rather than push myself to create, sometimes I will sit there for about 4 hours with all these ideas flowing around my head & all I end up with is a blank screen staring back at me..(and lots of extra crumbs in my keyboard). I should try yoga one day.. no wait, I am so laid back I might not wake up..!
    Look forward to your future creations Miss H.. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always better at having a break when I am somewhere else - on holiday or round a friends, not sat at home surrounded by blank canvasses and paint! :-D Breaks are restorative though, I am just bad sometimes at using painting as a pick me up. I might just make myself chill out this week - good advice :-) x

      Delete