Tuesday 6 January 2015

A Perfect Day

I am definitely liking 2015 already. Today has been a good art day and a good day all round. I unexpectedly managed to sell a painting earlier and I have another half on reserve which I will find out about tomorrow on whether it is staying with me or going to an exciting new home. I have also signed up to enter something for display at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition and I am halfway through my first painting of 2015. I am currently waiting for the background to dry and slightly anxious. The first painting of the year always stresses me out slightly. I don't know why as I am unlikely to have changed that much between my last painting and this one but even so; You never know what that extra mince pie that you really didn't need might do to you.

I am also feeling slightly smug because I have completed my architecture work for the day, I managed to go for a walk and I have only eaten one chocolate. Providing this new painting goes well, today could turn out to be pretty much perfect.

A few more of these this year please!

(And also the perfect excuse to revisit this....)

 

1 comment:

  1. That was indeed a pretty perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete