Friday 4 September 2015

Teatime

'Teatime' was actually my first commission of 2015 (yes, I know that shows how late this post is!!!)


It was an interesting one to do as I could find very few resources on the place in question, so few that I considered visiting it as it is only up the road from me in Aldermaston (any excuse for a cream tea). Unfortunately time pressures indicated otherwise so I just had to go with the 3 or 4 pictures I found online and make the rest up. There wasn't much in the picture to play with (for me) - a small simple cottage and not much else. It is difficult to put movement in such a small scene, especially when you refuse to put people in (usually, a few have squeezed in some paintings latterly.)

The above is how it turned out - considerable richer in colour than I expected, and possibly not as neat as I intended, but then almost every painting I do is not as neat as I intended. I was pretty pleased with the eventual result - it has my stamp firmly upon it, and as the other day I received positive feedback from the eventual owner, I think it was a success all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment