Tuesday 9 February 2016

Night Owl

I am working late tonight which I didn't really want to do - it is almost midnight. Having no option though, I am starting to remember why I like this time of day. No one has asked me to do anything, I haven't had any emails, the phone hasn't rung. The worst thing in the day is that the emails are mostly spam and the calls are mostly cold callers, so beyond a waste of time. Buying caller ID was one of the best things I have ever done. Walking to the phone is like having a holiday from my desk - check the number - 023515641547841635108510312....hmmmm - and hang up. I don't need insurance, I don't have a mortgage, I haven't had an accident in the last 453 years, I don't want to participate in a short survey, and I don't have PPI!

And this is why I don't normally start painting until 6pm - more like 8pm recently; Almost guaranteed, uninterrupted radio silence.

Perfect.

Waiting for renders to finish also means I can multi-task, I can write a blog post (tada!) I can update my art spreadsheet, I can prepare an invoice and wrap up a painting I need to post tomorrow. I am like Super Efficient Admin Shera - a step up from just plain old Shera, don'tcha know.... (honest).

So today, I don't want to be the early bird - I am more than happy to embrace the night owl.





1 comment: