Tuesday 9 May 2017

Salt & Pepper Pot

It seems like I may have another painting that I won't be able to say goodbye to, as according to my Dad, "Salt and Pepper Pot" now has a red dot on it, which means it has been sold. I hope so!


I have had a love hate relationship with this painting as I was really disappointed with it when I first painted it. I have subsequently come to like it quite a lot though. Normally, if I initially don't like something it is only because it is unexpected. I will  have had a vision in my head of the final painting, and the actual painting will have turned out differently which I will  have found frustrating. Quite often these paintings then turn out to be my favourites as they have something different about them, went where they needed to go, regardless of my brain or hand. So I am happy with "Salt and Pepper Pot" in the end, and happy someone else loves it enough to buy it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment