Friday 16 March 2018

Yosemite Falls

I seem to have spent the last couple of days doing lots of art admin but I am not entirely sure I have anything to show for it. That said, I have put my new painting online, offered Carisbrooke Castle up for sale as surprise, surprise, I didn't make it into the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. I have also corrected my prices on Fine Art America and broken my blog and fixed it. You will notice the 'Paintings For Sale' page on here has been revamped so that a) the information and titles actually match up with the paintings, and so that b) there are links through from each painting to its relevant page on my website. I have also updated my tax return and my diary, and my artwork tracker. I like days like this, when I feel like I have tidied and filed my life into a much better state. The next stage is to keep an eye on my scheduled posts and to add some purchase options to my Facebook 'Shop' which I accidentally set up the other day.

After saying I haven't anything to show for the last couple of days, maybe I have - as that sounds like some super organising. Time to relax into Friday evening and the weekend I think, but not before I share one of my latest paintings and my current new favourite. It is of Yosemite Falls which I visited on my last trip to California. It was a good painting to do, as, as soon I started it took over from me and painted itself. I like it when this happens as it is usually a much more therapeutic process for me, and presumably why it is still my favourite after two new paintings (normally I like the last thing I painted best).


So look at this! A blog post, tweets and instagram posts scheduled, new paintings online, schedules updated and other things fixed.

I think that means I have earned a glass of Friday night wine. Cheers to the weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment