Friday 11 January 2019

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I am not even going to make excuses for the lack of blog posting or anything else over the last couple of months. I am just going to start 2019 afresh, with good intentions, new resolutions and hopefully some consistency!

On the plus side, except for the fact a new kitchen is being installed in a little over a week which will result in chaos, I am slowly getting on top of my to-do list. This means I am confident that at some point this year, I will be able to blog, tweet and Instagram consistently. Yes, I know, you can mock me this time next year when I say the same thing, but here is to hoping. Anything is possible after all!

But without further ado, it seems this year can't properly start without the introduction of a new painting. So here it is; the first painting of 2019.

This has an obscure provenance as I had decided I was in the mood to paint, but I wasn't sure what to do. I then went on a car wash trip with a friend, and after watching the water being drenched over the windscreen, felt like I needed to paint the sea. Having just spent the Christmas break on the Isle of Wight, it seemed natural to put two and two together. So here it is: Bembridge Lifeboat Station on the Isle of Wight at sunset and low tide.


No comments:

Post a Comment