Tuesday 19 March 2019

A Souvenir

I am cheating a bit as I am pre-planning this post whilst I have some free time. I should technically be drawing up some architectural stuff, but it is 4pm on Friday, and when you are working from home, motivation has normally left the building by now. Plus technically, writing this is still working, just for my other job, which generally feels less job like and more fun.

I would like to pretend I will manage a new painting over the weekend, but I am helping out with a charity event for the elderly on Sunday and I have a feeling I won't be in the mood afterwards. Hopefully I will find some time in the week, or next weekend instead.

In the meantime, here is my first painting from the Brecon Beacons. I will also share the photograph I took for inspiration so you can judge me. Funnily enough, I haven't really looked at the photograph since I painted it, and now the photo seems wrong. I don't really understand how that makes sense but I guess the painting feels more true to me, which I suppose does make sense as it is me?


I also thought they were much more similar than they actually are. I guess they are the same in principle, but there is quite a bit of artistic license thrown in as well. I can't believe I didn't notice any of this at the time. I guess I must focus on different things when I am in art mode. Colour is most definitely a strong one! They also don't need to be identical, otherwise what is the point? I could have just used the photograph and not worried about painting it at all. The painting is my personal souvenir.

I do however feel like I need to move the moon over a bit now....

No comments:

Post a Comment