Saturday 3 August 2024

Flower Rangers

 Obviously you will have noticed I have had a bit of a break since I last posted. I was getting seriously bogged down with trying to work out what I was meant to be doing and what to do first. I half started so many things that it seemed a bit of a mess. (Most of those things are actually still half done).

Instead, I took a moment. 

I took the bestie to visit my hometown on the Isle of Wight and introduce her to my parents which was a well timed perfect break. I did some work for an art company that occasionally commission me to do random things sometimes, like spray-paint plastic squirrels and make plaster of Paris circles. I took the pressure off and took each day as it came, and finally reached the conclusion that to start with, I just need to paint. I need to remember how to art, remind myself that it is a big part of my being and stop worrying about social media, making money, updating this, updating that. 

Breathe first, re-artist myself, promote later. 

So that is what I am beginning to do. 

My card packs are now up for sale on Etsy, some sold out already, the date for my Solo Exhibition is almost booked in, I have painted two pictures and I have an idea for a third which I will start tomorrow. That feels better, and importantly I have been pleased with the last two paintings. A confidence boost is always appreciated. The first painting is a purely organic one, I picked some colours, I painted a background, I decided I wanted to paint some white lines on it, and found some inspiration in a flower tattoo online, and so this was born, and I don't know why but I feel better every time I look at it. So lets thank this painting for grounding me a little, and bringing me back some roots. 

'Flower Rangers' - 40" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment