Monday 17 February 2014

My Left Foot

My internet is still a special shade of slow but I have decided to just multi-task around the slow upload speed and get on with it, everything is almost up together now, but that is why it is almost midnight and Sunday. Normally I would be reading in bed, or watching a film, or asleep, not 'working' but I don't mind, I have a crazy architectural deadline coming up and a holiday to go on, so a few days hard graft will be worth it!  I have had a couple of perks this weekend too, selling my first cushion on Society6 and a giant bespoke 1.2 metre print of Fossil Paving (a photograph of some ammonites taken in Cornwall) and an enquiry about a commission to paint when I get back. Definitely 3 wishes in 1.

But....

What I really wanted to blog about was a film I watched on Thursday (?) of last week called My Left Foot. Just wow. It was amazing. Daniel Day Lewis put in such a sterling performance of a cerebral palsy sufferer that I forgot who he really was. The film was also surprisingly uplifting, educational and inspiring. It was based on the true story of Christy Brown, a painter, writer and 'a character' who overcame tremendous odds to become a successful artist. I can't recommend this film enough, I was totally blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment