Tuesday 25 August 2015

One way or Another

I just entered the Aesthetica Magazine Art Prize today. I am not sure why really. I have always been a background person, I just get on with what I do, I don't win things, I am not the most popular, I don't shout about what I do but I do achieve things. I am after all selling my work, starting to have a fan base, have followers, get commissions. This is how I roll. I creep in slowly, I grab loyalty from the people who love what I do and it grows that way. I will never be 'on trend' I don't believe in fashion, I, god knows, am not fashionable, but I am me, and the best me I can be.

But when it comes to competitions, I might as well not bother.

But I feel like art is a bit like that anyway. When was the last time you watched the Turner Prize and thought, oh yes, that was the artist that should have won. Never? Well exactly.

I would like to win something one day though, and that is why I have entered and why I will keep on entering the RA Summer Exhibition. I am sure they will let me in one day, or at least live to regret not letting me in. I will win one way or the other.  


No comments:

Post a Comment