Thursday 13 October 2016

Too Awake

I have been having trouble sleeping latterly - presumably because I have too much on my mind. Things have been a bit of an upheaval recently, although mostly in a good way, but still, there a few things to get used to, a bit more headspace and a bit more art time and a lot less stress. So all good, but I am used to needing my sleep.

Having already tried counting sheep, reading, watching a film, having a bath, having an alcoholic drink, having a hot chocolate, having a snack, doing exercise and anything else you can think of - actually I haven't tried yoga yet - I have decided today I am going to stay up late catching up with art things and see if that gives me a sense of satisfaction. I win either way as I will have achieved some art directives if not sleep by the end of the evening/day.  

I should also probably try getting up earlier. *eyeroll*

I seem to be surviving ok on the smaller amount of sleep so I suppose it doesn't really matter. I am just fed up of lying in bed for a couple of hours 'trying' to sleep. I could be painting! Or Blogging! Or web-siting! Well today I will be.

I feel like this weekend, I need to focus on getting my photography website finished. I am very much a person that can't sleep if I know there are things that are unfinished or need doing. So maybe this is the problem? I am not entirely sure I will be able to finish it all at the weekend but if I can sort out the print shop I think that would do.

I sometimes envy the era of the artist before social media. Or do I? It is easier to plug yourself, get noticed and network but there is so much stuff to do and maintain. That said, I would have loved to have followed Van Gogh's Twitter feed.

'I may have just chopped my ear off' #funtimes #istheremeanttobethismuchblood #whatdidyousay?

No comments:

Post a Comment