Wednesday 8 February 2017

Tree

I am having a sense of humour failure today. Maybe I need some more cocktails? I am sure that would cure/create/do something......

On the plus side, I have answered all my dA correspondence, for boosting purposes, let's call it fan mail and I have entered the RA's Summer Exhibition. I have gone for a different tactic this time, entering something less literal, older and not for sale. I wanted to offer prints, but I couldn't seem to fathom how they worked that out on the entry form. Possibly an epic fail, but then entering competitions is usually a bit like that anyway, so no loss really.

The 'lucky' painting trying it's best for me this time is 'Tree' - a weeny picture by my standards and painted one tormented afternoon in 2011.


If they are looking for something a bit different, it might do the trick? Who knows....

It started life as a painting of something else, got painted over a few thousand times, smudged, rubbed out, covered up, scratched and then ended up like this. I am sure all of that should mean something....




No comments:

Post a Comment