Tuesday 21 November 2017

Tioga Pass

So it is fair to say that Facebook advertising does work. My advert has been running for almost a week now and has one day left to go. As standard, a 'popular' painting post gets me between 20 and 30 likes, and I had 208 page followers. 6 days later and I now have 229 followers and Tioga Pass has 113 likes and there is still time to pick up a few extras. Whilst in Facebook terms these numbers are not particularly impressive, I am pretty impressed. I could, after all, have used the advert and not got anything from it. It seems like it might be worth periodically boosting the odd post, whilst making sure I don't go crazy - I can imagine it is something you could easily use up a lot of money on! Food for thought. Incidentally, here is the painting that is currently trying to earn me some brownie points!


It is a view of Half Dome in Yosemite from the Tioga Pass - a road that cuts right across Yosemite National Park from one side to the other. It is a pretty beautiful drive. It  is a place where the air is so clear and crisp it makes you feel as though your eyesight has improved. It is definitely a view that is lodged firmly in my memory banks...


No comments:

Post a Comment