Monday 4 February 2019

Blackhead House

I was just about to say 'look at me! Three blog posts in January' but I just realised it is now actually February. It is funny, getting busy creeps up on you without you noticing. I remember when I started out and I had no emails coming in and not much work on and lots of time to paint, blog and market myself. I also had very little money. So a lot of improvements but also a lot less time.

But anyway, I came online this evening to partake in my annual submission into the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. I think this will be the 5th time I have attempted to get my work displayed. So far I haven't managed to make it past the first round, and judging from this years topic of 'work responding to the contemporary world' I don't fancy my chances this time either. I need a topic about vibrancy, or optimism, or colour. It seems like it is unfashionable in the art world to be positive. But that is OK, there are many well known artists that never managed to make it into the Summer Exhibition so it is by no means the be all or end all. It would just be a welcome boost. I am determined to keep entering, until either they let me in, or I make them look bad for always refusing me. Here is to hoping. Good luck Blackhead House!


No comments:

Post a Comment