Thursday 28 February 2019

St George's Gate

I am falling rather behind with art stuff at the moment as I have had a lot of architecture work on over the last couple of weeks, and I went inspiration collecting for a couple of days in the Brecon Beacons, but I will blog about that later.

I am starting to get frustrated, as I have paintings lined up that need to be painted, and I was hoping to have finished a bit more of my website by now. You know when you have those, 'I'll sort it out in the New Year deadlines / expectations' that suddenly turn into how the hell is it almost March?!?

Yes, I am on that page currently.

On the plus side, I have just put a new painting online for sale that I shared on the 13th of February. This is a good indication of how behind I am, as new paintings normally get put online across all my galleries within a couple of days, not two weeks later! But never mind, it is up!

There is no particularly exciting story to this painting, it is in fact one that I would consider to be a quick fix cheat. I was in the mood to paint the other day whilst simultaneously being exhausted. This usually means there is no option but to try and find something to paint that won't kill me in the process. So I chose this composition of St George's Gate, in Windsor Castle - a place I have to been before and have experience of, not too complicated, and a small size.

It's a win, win; I get my 'I need to paint or I am going to go crazy' off my chest, can finish in time for an 'early' night and have something shiny and new to share.


I am currently hoping that this weekend I will be able to have a go at painting one of my Brecon Beacon photos, at a slightly larger size than the one above. Let's hope that I am both inspired, awake, and not hungover on Sunday! 

(As always, my new painting is up for sale on my website and can be found by clicking here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment