Wednesday 25 June 2014

Damnations

There is too much going on at the moment. I have that 'I really need to do a blog post' feeling as I haven't done one for ages - I don't even vaguely know where to start though.

This is the first time I have had an unexpected day off for ages so I have been doing some catching up. This mostly means, website updating, filing, message replying, tax returning, accounting.

Oh tax return, how you always hurt no matter what I do! Last year I got bitten as I didn't realise I had to pay Class 4 National Insurance Contributions. This year I built it into my spreadsheet and yes, I got the amount I needed to pay exactly right..... right except for the fact that you now have to pay half again in preparation for next year. WHAT!? In what way is that helpful. We are all working on a shoe string as it is without having to invest a lump of money a year in advance. I don't tend to think beyond next week, let alone next year.

DAMNATIONS! Just as well I have just had rather a bumper spell of work otherwise I would have been in serious trouble. I may be happier living this way but sometimes it is just too tough!  

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment