Monday 30 June 2014

Solstice

Post number four! In one day!

Yes, if you are joining this late, I do appreciate you don't know what I am talking about but never mind, it is enough to say I am just trying to empty my head a little because it is overflowing with stuff. Trying to juggle four jobs at the same time is not good for your mental capacity, especially when they are all different but kind of the same.

I need a holiday.

Speaking of jobs, I don't know how anyone manages to get a career off the ground doing something they love whilst they are working full time. As a freelancer I can pick and choose my work times (within reason) and sometimes I have long breaks in which I can just paint. It is this potential break that I am currently focusing on as I am not really getting any time to do anything at the moment other than work and sleep. That said, I did find the time this weekend previous to do another painting. Thank. God. Not being able to paint slowly builds up to utter catastrophic frustration, and nobody wants to sit with someone grumpy.

So, in celebration of the UK's longest day, we welcome 'Solstice' onto the scene. It seems to be popular, and I sold it instantly which is interesting as it is one of the quickest things I have ever done. Sometimes you just need to get one out.

'Solstice'   20" x 16"


2 comments:

  1. The perfect picture with a totally perfect name! GO LAURA! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think everything was working in my favour on Saturday :-D xxx

      Delete