Thursday 29 September 2016

Douze Points.

I am definitely having one of those blow you away weeks, which has been both refreshing and uplifting. Endlessly toiling away for a few pats on the head, or facebook likes gets a bit hardgoing sometimes. Not often, as I would paint anyway and I can't help but work hard, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a little self gratification once in a while.

It has arrived this week. BIG TIME.

I have now sold 5 paintings this week and I am waiting to see what happens to one that is currently sitting in someones shopping basket. I hope it is comfortable in there, but not too comfortable. I also hope that the picture is remembering to shout 'LOOK AT ME' every 36 minutes - shopping basket peer pressure - tick! You need weeks like these to restore your faith a little and remember that you can do this. It was a good idea, and your dream job is there for the taking.

I also got monumental feedback today from the two purchases on Monday/Tuesday. I love it when people get enthusiastic about what I do. It makes eveything worthwhile.
"The very well packed paintings have arrived!!! I took delivery then had to frustratingly go straight out!!

Anyway, back in the office now. Unpacked. EVERYTHING perfect!!! If you ever get fed up with painting, I am sure Pickfords removals would love your packing skills!!I ADORE the paintings. Both of them. Absolutely love them. A wonderful mix of architecture and fairytale. Reality meets fantasy. They will be life-long pieces for me to cherish and admire. Already looking forward to buying my next one too!!!


You have a wonderful, rare and special talent Laura and I feel privileged to own your work".

Not much will beat praise like that! (I am also very happy that someone has finally noticed that I could win a prize for my ability to make unbreakable cardboard boxes).

Thank you art fans! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment