Sunday 18 September 2016

Sinking Ship.

My blog post hits are falling faster than the leaves off a tree in autumn. I really need to get back on track and back on the consistent blogging horse (I am sure that is the name of a runner at Ascot) Easier said than done when I have other priorities to sort out, but I am getting there. Every weekend, I tick another few things off, add a few more bits and pieces to the website, write a potentially boring post.

:-P *blows massive raspberry*

More exciting posts are coming - about my work, about exhibitions I have visited, art inspiration I have found, but maybe not just yet. I guess that was the point of this blog anyway - to see where the art journey takes me and how it evolves. Turns out if you don't consistently work on everything, it all falls behind, and then you have to do a massive, gaffer tape job and temporarily tape a few things together, whilst you plug the massive hole that is sinking your ship.

The only plus point is that with experience comes wisdom. Having previously written many posts where I don't know what I am doing, for once I have a plan. I know what I need to do. What needs to be mended, what needs to be changed and what needs to be started. The only thing lacking is time (and sleep this week).

So I laugh in the face of falling popularity and a slow sales month, knowing that it really is, just a matter of time......Apparently, it takes ten years to become an overnight success, so I still have 4 years left to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment