Sunday 12 July 2015

Stat!

I have been thinking about blog statistics and social media today. I think I am missing a trick by not using Twitter and Instagram either to their full capacity or full stop. I have also been looking at various websites/apps that offer the facility to tweet, or post a picture once and then they repost it across the board on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and wherever else. This obviously saves a lot of time although I kind of like tailoring each thing to whichever audience is receiving it - needs must though. At least I have been a bit better about posting on this blog for a while; Maybe not quite once a day, but I have left it no longer than 3 or 4 days at a time recently, rather than months on end which is a massive improvement. My blog fortunately floats at a relative amount of page views a day on its own, but blogging regularly does make a difference. I seem to have perfected the art of the regular peak and trough of views depending on whether I am being up to date or not.... My favourite moment is still the massive hike in views from when I first redesigned my blog to look like it does now. That was definitely effort well spent.

  Art and getting noticed is frustrating at times. It seems like you need to have a degree in marketing as well as being in the right place at the right time, and actually being good at what you do. It is just as well I have a friend in Marketing and I have a few ideas up my sleeve still. The worst thing will be when I don't know what to do next. I also have a good selection of friends and family that like name dropping me at every possible opportunity and throwing my work around at everyone they know. I am sure between all of us I can get the ball rolling a bit faster, and a bit bigger.....


No comments:

Post a Comment