Monday 6 July 2015

Stonehenge

I am enjoying the randomness of my blog at the moment. Yesterday, I had 12 page views. Today I have 190! I have no idea what has made the difference there....

But anyway, I think another 'Birth Certificate' is needed as I painted a new picture yesterday, and as I previously mentioned I am already 15 or so paintings behind. So without further ado....

Stonehenge....


The Reason

I realised the other day, that these sub headings are not helpful as they are kind of all the same. I need to rethink them I think! But let's go with it for the moment. Stonehenge was on my mind, my 'bestie' visited there at Christmas, it was in the centre of the English Heritage Monopoly board that I spent all Christmas playing....

The Setting

Sat around the Monopoly Board - Stonehenge in the middle. Playing a flag game where you try and identify the Countries the flags belong to. A few stripy colourful flags and an image of Stonehenge starting to blur...

The Inspiration

Colours, sunset, flags, stripes, Stonehenge itself, a sense of the unfathomable, mystery, memories of when I visited it, time, acres and acres of time.

It is cliché to say, I expect, but this painting really did come to me in a vision. I was playing Monopoly and this idea of Stonehenge with a sun burst in the background burnt itself into my mind. Not the colours necessarily, they came later as I was working, but the image was safely stored in my mind until I needed it. When an image arrives like that, it is guaranteed to be painted, it is just a matter of when....

No comments:

Post a Comment