Tuesday 13 October 2020

Bespoke Prints

Before I write a new blog post, I always re-read the previous post. I realise, the blog is more useful to me than it probably is interesting for anyone else. It helps put me back into the mindset of what I was doing, before how ever many days have passed me by and I have got into a different zone. The problem with juggling many balls is that sometimes you forget what some of the balls are and where they are meant to be going. Having just had a few days away and reset a little I feel like I can't remember what my game plan was. That said, I have completed my latest commission and I am in talks to try and persuade two more people to sign on the dotted line for a painting. One of my friends is also working for a local art gallery and showed the owners my work this morning, so now they have asked me in for a chat so that might be useful. Having my work on display somewhere may provide me with an extra avenue of sales depending on what their terms are. 

Every time I say I have forgotten what I am doing and then write was is happening I feel like maybe I am lying; There is always something going on, I guess there is always the guilt of doing more....

I did get some good feedback whilst I was away. I sold a large, 1.5 x 1m bespoke print of 'The Golden Temple' a while ago and my client sent me a picture of it up on the wall. It looks good large and has made me tempted to paint some bigger pictures. There is something therapeutic about painting on a bigger scale. I must be due a more in depth cityscape soon, perhaps of Paris. I will have to have a think. I need to paint some post holiday places first. In the meantime, here is the print, safely up on my clients wall:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment