Wednesday 30 September 2020

Maison du Roi take 2!

Things have been hectic the last couple of weeks. I can't even remember what I have and haven't done or shared. It has been one of those times where a lot of work has come in from all angles. An architectural model, three surveys and three virtual home staging images. A painting sold, as well as a bespoke print and three cushions and two commissions finalised and shipped. 

I still have work to finish off today before I am away next week but I am having a desperate website updating and admin day before I really can't remember where I am with everything. I think it is mostly up to date now. One painting needs to be shared on Facebook which I shall schedule for whilst I am away and then I just need to complete an outstanding commission and then art is kind of up to date enough. I just need to add my calendars and facemasks for sale on Etsy, Facebook and my website. But that at least feels easier to remember. I just have two bits of architectural work left to finish before Friday. I am not sure much sleep is going to be happening over the next 48 hours or so! 

One of my latest commissions was interesting as it was revisiting an old work of mine that I created in 2015. I was expecting there to be a big difference between it and the new work. 5 years worth of differences in fact, but they seem a bit more like a 'spot the difference' test. I guess being asked to do a direct copy is different from revisiting a past work. I feel if I was given free reign that the resultant building probably would be quite different. It has got me thinking about a few pieces of work that I would be intrigued to try again. There are a couple of places I don't feel like I have done justice first time around, so maybe I will add them onto my to-do list.....

In the meantime - Maison du Roi, Take 1 and Take 2!    



No comments:

Post a Comment