Friday 4 September 2020

Carboardaholics!

As you can see, I did manage to add all my products onto here yesterday. If I had realised it was going to be so easy I would have done it ages ago, but never mind, better late than never.

I read back through some of my old blog posts yesterday and realised I was much more curious, inquisitive and lighter when I was younger. I feel like I spend my days now writing about how much I have to do, how tired I am and how much cardboard I need to buy. Hmm. No wonder no one ever reads my posts, I should have called it Cardboardaholics, not Holaholics! 

I have been thinking about the olden days, when I had a lot more time, used to receive no emails, sell nothing and be able to stay up late and not wake up in the morning with various aches and pains. I am not even anywhere near being classed as old yet, but I do miss the drive and enthusiasm that comes with being young. 

I am slightly worried at the moment too as I damaged my thumb three weeks ago and it doesn't seem to want to get better. I succumbed to putting ice on it today as it felt like the ache was moving up my arm and across my hand onto some of my other fingers. I could do without my career being over because I have 'broken' my hand. 

I am too internally self reflective at the moment. I think I am getting bored. I probably need to go on holiday but that is currently problematic. Oh well, I have had another commission quote to prepare on Artfinder and I may as well make my calendars. I am definitely winning on art consistency this year. Things really are steadily ticking over, even if quotes don't always come into fruition. 

I think the only difference between 'making it' and not making it, is the tolerance you have to not give up. Today feels like it has been a long ten years....    

No comments:

Post a Comment